Monday, May 25, 2015

The PSJ ~ Memorial Day ~ May 25, 2015


Happy Memorial Day

Joe and Jane in Maple Valley ready to eat a Memorial Day Dinner

Memorial Day is a day of 
remembrance and gratitude. 
I am grateful for 
this great land of my birth. 

When we ponder that vast throng 
who have died honorably 
defending home and hearth, 
we contemplate those immortal words, 
“Greater love hath no man than this,
 that a man lay down his life 
for his friends.” 
~John 15:13
New Testament in the Bible

The feelings of heartfelt gratitude
 for the supreme sacrifice 
made by so many 
cannot be confined to 
a Memorial Day, a military parade, 
or a decorated grave.

As we remember them; 
may we also take time 
to remember and be grateful for
 our parents, 
our brothers and sisters, 
our teachers, 
our friends 
and others 
who have given a part of 
their lives to make our lives better.

We can lift ourselves and others
 when we cultivate within our hearts
 an attitude of gratitude 
all year round.

I love you all 
and am grateful for the 
love you have given
and continue to give to me
and each other.




11 comments:

  1. I thought this entry was a quote from some great American patriot/philosopher/writer. I was right! Thanks Pamela for always saying it so well! I say Amen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't take credit for the Bible quote and I learned about having an attitude of gratitude from a President Monson talk.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Mom. I am grateful for your blogs and for you. You really are a great writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. When I write I mostly edit thoughts I've liked from others and add my own take on it.

      Delete
  3. Love this!!! Thank you mom and thanks for a memorable dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dinner was memorable for me too because you and Joe and BJ were there.

      Delete
  4. I will think of you all fondly, as I am working tonight. Lol Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are such a great example of serving others through your work and sacrifice of your time to provide 24 hour help to others in their hour of need. Love you.

      Delete