Sunday, May 10, 2015

The Prince Street Journal~Mother's Day May 10, 2015


To my 7 wonderful children:
thank you 
for making me a mother!

1971 Tamra

1974 Amy

1976 Benjamin

1978 Joseph

1980 Jane

1982 Daniel

1984 Caroline

I have been so blessed 
to have each of you in my life.

I believe this journey of life is about 
learning from our experiences
to love and care for each other.

 I am so grateful to 
be sharing this journey with you.

Mother's Day 1990 
was the beginning of a new era 
in my life as a mother. 

From that point on I 
felt an even greater responsibility 
to fulfill the role of parent to you all.

I am certainly not perfect.
 I have and will make mistakes, 
but that's the miracle of forgiveness. 
As we forgive ourselves & each other
 we learn and grow;
 and then with hope for our future
we will change for the better.
What's amazing to me
 is how each of you,
at just the right moment,
 provide me with the strength
 I need to carry on 
and continually find joy
 in this journey of life. 

So again, I pause
 on this Mother's Day 2015
to thank you
 for making me your mother.
An eternal role I am honored to have.


11 comments:

  1. Thank you Mom. I couldn't ask for a better Mother. I love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan. And thanks for the video tour of your home in Calhoun. Now I can visualize you and Grace there. You are a great Dad to her.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for this Mom! We are lucky to have you!

      Delete
    3. It was great to catch up on your activities. Best wishes on your U.S. Open.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a great example you have been and are to me Pamela! The music of your amazing parenting is a melody that will ring out for time and all eternity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mother, I love you. Mother, I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you too, Jane. I do indeed.

    ReplyDelete